Hummus is a yummy, hearty, super healthy dip/spread that, along with carrots, cucumbers, or another veggie, makes an awesome midday snack. (I know, healthy?! I haven't been posting much of that lately.) Or, heck, add some pita wedges, and you've got a great lunch (or, like we had the other day, dinner!)
- 1 can garbanzo beans drained, but reserve the liquid!
- 1/3 cup tahini
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 minced garlic cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon salt plus more to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin (optional)
- Throw everything but the garbanzo bean liquid into your blender or food processor.
- Pulse, adding the bean liquid as needed to get things moving, until the hummus is completely smooth.
- That's it! Scoop out and serve! I love it topped with a liberal drizzle of olive oil and a sprinkle of paprika.
- Serve with pita wedges and/or cucumber slices and/or carrots and/or tomatoes and/or...... whatever the heck you want! This is your hummus!