I have a new and vivid fascination with champagne cocktails. An elegant champagne flute, some bubbly, a little flavoring, maybe a touch of fruit, and you've got perfect party fare. And endless possibilities.
I've yet to try the most classic iteration, with bitters and a sugar cube, but you can bet your strawberry I'll be trying it soon. Once I figure out what bitters are.
Meanwhile, I've got a cranberry lime version for you. Red and green for Christmas Eve! So perfect I can hardly stand it. Oh, totally unrelated, speaking of hardly being able to stand something, you've got to check out these Candy Cane Christmas Tree Cupcakes over on Bakerella's blog. So cute I'm pretty sure I just plain can't stand it.
Okay, okay, tear yourself away from Bakerella's fabulous blog and come back to me, will you? We've got some drinking to do!
Here's the recipe:
Cranberry-Lime Champagne Cocktail
- Champagne (we like the Riondo Prosecco we picked up for a mere $10 at Costco)
- 1 oz. cranberry juice (the sweetened kind)
- 1 lime wedge + one very thin half lime slice
- 2-3 frozen cranberries
- Pour cranberry juice into a chilled champagne flute.
- Squeeze the lime wedge into the glass.
- Fill with champagne.
- Float the cranberries and the thin lime slice on top.
- Enjoy, enjoy, and enjoy!