Here's the truth. I've been avoiding posting this recipe, because the last time I made it and took pictures of the final product, the pictures really didn't turn out. They didn't do it justice. It's tough to take great food pictures when there's no daylight. Well, and when you've had two cosmopolitans.
But it's New Year's Eve, and because I love you and because it's a day for party fare and because this appetizer looks and tastes much more impressive than this picture shows, I'm sharing this recipe anyway. Please don't hate me and my cute purple point-and-shoot camera and the delicious cosmos which led to this horrible picture. *Bracing myself*... here it is!
Don't leave! It really is good on some nice buttery crackers! The tart sweetness of the cranberry sauce marries oh-so-deliciously with the salty creaminess of the brie. Yum.
Here's the recipe. If you want it.
Cranberry Baked Brie
- One wheel brie cheese
- A cup or so of your favorite cranberry sauce, depending on the size of your brie wheel - (I love this one from Rachael Ray. So easy, so yummy.)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Cut the rind off the top of the brie cheese.
- Place the wheel of cheese into a pie plate or other dish or cookie sheet with sides.
- Top with cranberry sauce.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- Serve immediately with crackers.
- Take some photos that are better than mine.
And have a terrific, fun, and safe New Year's Eve!