Here at The Hazel Bloom, decorating, crafts, creating, and collecting all go together. I especially love using a little elbow grease - and a lot of creativity - to turn thrift store and garage sale finds into terrific pieces to decorate and furnish. Not only is it a blast to turn trash into treasure, as they say - I also save a ton of money.
Decorating on a Dollar
Sorry HGTV, you don't find much for just a dime these days. A couple dollars, on the other hand, can get you far!
With a little paint, some clearance and thrift store finds, and our own photography as art, we turned our boring, all-white downstairs bathroom/powder room into a warm, elegant room for well under $100.
- Baby Kate's Nursery
Wedding Favor Sneak Peek
- Ikea Bookcase Made Sideboard
- Quick Tulip Centerpiece
- A New Seat on Life: Revamping Barstools
- Colorful Cork Board Tiles
- Fireplace Tool Stand Made Gift Bag Holder
- Super Awesome Ikea Chalkboard
- Thrift Store Candlesticks Made Happier
- Wall Art on the Cheep
- When Life Gives You Pringles, Make a Cute Tall Container to Store Stuff!
- Woodsy Moss Vases
Thrift Store Finds of the Month
- November 2009 was mostly about vintage glassware. Plus, a neat shopgoodwill.com still life, and a couple of fun repurposings.
- October 2009 includes a fab 70's clock, birdie egg cups, vaseline glass plates, and a couple great pieces of furniture with tons of potential.
The Craft Office
Half office, half craft room, all work in progress.
Halloween & Fall
- Easy Thanksgiving Centerpiece
- Cupcake Liner Shaded String Lights
- For the Love of Gourds!
- Ghostly Vases
- Jack O'Lantern, Trompe L'oeil Style
- Owl O'Lantern
Christmas & Winter
- A Few Budget Christmas Decorating Ideas
- Christmas Cupcake Liners on String Lights (they look like little lampshades!)
- Save Some Green with a Fresh Christmas Swag
- Tag, You're It! Cute Little Holiday Banners